[Market-farming] Cut Flowers

Mike Emers rosie-ck at mosquitonet.com
Mon May 16 10:29:03 EDT 2005

Hi Mark

You should get a hold of back issues of Growing for Market.   Pam and
Frank  Arnosky (Texas Specialty Cut Flowers in Blanco)have a monthly
column on cut flowers.  They grow in the Texas Hill Country and I'm sure
they're columns will help you out quite a bit.  We visited their farm a
couple of years ago and were quite impressed.  GFM also has out together
a compilation of their articles into a book.  Also, Lynn Byczynski
(editor of GFM) has a great book - The Flower Farmer - which is a must
read for beginning cut flower growers - she grows in Kansas.  Acre per
acre you will make more $ on cut flowers and also spend the most labor
of any of your crops.  After 8 years we are finally getting the hang of
it.  Best of Luck!

Mike Emers
Rosie Creek Farm
Ester, Alaska