[Market-farming] Yellow Nutsedge in Strawberries

Don Palmer berryman70 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 12:04:08 EDT 2005

hello, I've been growing matted row strawberries for
over 14 years, nutsedge is about hardest to control
weed I deal with. My best recommendation is to roundup
the field and grow cover crops for a year, I use
sorghum- sudan during the summer and roundup it, then
a fall rye crop. I use devrinol at planting and sinbar
after harvest, this keeps fair control of the problem.
Don Palmer-western NY
Palmer's Fruits & Vegetables
www.palmersfarm.com