[Market-farming] Mice and ants

Adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Fri May 13 23:55:00 EDT 2005

MICE:

Traps baited with CHUNKY (not smooth) peanut butter finally worked for me.
I caught 5 last week and the damage seems to have stopped (knock on wood!).
Victor makes some great plastic traps which you bait on the inside of the
top plate and also a small amount on the spring plate.  A friend of mine
swore by bubble gum but these guys did not buy it.  I was lucky to have
figured out the area they were nesting in and setting two traps nearby.
> Nor did those sonic plug in
> devices.  We even tried suspending trays from the middle of the greenhouse
> ceiling and mice still got to the flats.

ANTS:

Unless you are hard-core certified organic I say go with Amdro for the fire
ants...my husband is dEadly allergic to them and this is the only thing that
really works.