[Market-farming] RE: Tomatoes selling/prices

Stephanie Nosacek breezynosacek at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 13:56:30 EDT 2005

Thanks for that response and the link I appreciate it very much.

I had contacted one of the farmers markets in another county which turned
out not to let anybody out of the county set up there to sell.

The manager stated that they tried to keep their prices in line with
supermarket prices. Now since many of the growers are organic and there
aren't any organic grocery stores in the area I figure they are cutting
their throats. They should be getting better prices than the shipped in
produce is selling for. Just my opinion.

Steph