[Market-farming] Someone talk to me about "Yard Long" beans

Joan Vibert joan at windwalker-farm.com
Sun Jul 31 09:04:24 EDT 2005

Willie - I used to bundle and tie my yard-logs with raffia - 1/2# bunches
for $3 and they sold well.  And they are really fun to see in bunches like
that.  I grow too many now to take the time to bunch them so I just heap
them in a half-bushel basket and tell customers to leave them whole, steam
them, and serve them whole - I point out that they are fun to eat with
fingers, dipped into a horseradish sauce, and don't need a lot a prepping.
This usually encourages a sale.  I sell them for $4 a pound.

I can hardly sell pole beans anymore because out customers say they don't
have time to snap them!

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas