[Market-farming] Harlequin Bugs

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Thu Jul 21 23:42:57 EDT 2005

Regards to the list:

Shelly, do you have any Pyganic?  That might do the trick.

One year, I put all my extension cords together and hauled the vacuum
cleaner out to the garden and sucked all the bugs into a bag, then
burned it.  I don't know that I have the strength and energy to do that
anymore.

Marie in Missouri where the cucumber beetles are wreaking havoc.  Oh no!
I'm looking around for extension cords!  I can't find my bottle of
Pyganic!

HELP! The Harlequin bugs are tearing my brassicas to shreds....and
breeding prolifically. I have tried garlic oil and neem to no avail.
Also, I have tried handpicking but I have alot of ground in brassicas
and they just seem to come back en masse. Some of my crops are at the
critical point and I will lose them if I do not figure this out soon.
Blessings,
Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm
Zone 5, SE Wyoming ... where temps reached at record 100 degrees
yesterday! Good for the peppers.....bad for the lettuce!