[Market-farming] Melon Patch

Marty Kraft martyk at allspecies.org
Wed Jul 20 07:50:43 EDT 2005

A gardener here showed me how to use a long broom stick to move the vines to
find cukes. I can also find or make a place  for my next step without
damaging vines.

Marty Kraft
Kansas City

From: "Pat Jackowsky" <3littlepigsmkt at bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:48:02 -0500
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Melon Patch

Actually, I'm more worried about them killing the vines as they walk the
field. There's no place to step without stepping on baby melons.  I've never
seen them continue to make like this.  The vines are full of almost ripe
melons and just as many babies.  I guess I'll just close my eyes since they
don't have good foot coordination, never mind hand/eye.  lol

Pat