[Market-farming] Squash blossoms

herbthyme at simcon.net herbthyme at simcon.net
Mon Jul 18 17:24:26 EDT 2005

A customer at the market asked if I could bring squash blossoms. I haven't
checked any of the post-harvest charts yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has
experience and what kind of treatment/handling you'd recommend. I tried a
few and they seem pretty delicate and wilt easily. I'm thinking maybe they'd
fit in egg cartons.
Other packaging ideas?
Should I keep them cool?
Pricing?

THANKS!!
Marcy SE Colo, zone 5 going on hot

I think that you should make sure that you leave the little zucchini on the blossoms.  they are selling great at my market.  And they look better too I think.  I am not sure how they are transporting them...and I know they are only good for a day.  Maybe good idea to have them cool while transporting them...

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh