[Market-farming] Buckwheat shortage?

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 18 15:31:43 EDT 2005

Whenever I need covercrop seed I go to my local corn soybean seed supplier and
ask them to get whatever I need. If they don't stock it they know who to call. 9
times out of 10 they will get any seed I need. Usually they buy a full trailer
load and save me the cost of transportation even though I might only buy 10
bags. I presently get most of my covercrop seeds sorgum sudan grass and rye out
of Plainview TX..
I paid $7 for 50 pound bags of rye and $17.50 for 50 pound bags sudex.
If all else fails in finding buckwheat you might take this route... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.