[Market-farming] Yellow jackets/ shade cloth

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Mon Jul 18 12:17:34 EDT 2005

I've been using remay for shade cloth for my lettuce rows with sucess for
the last few years.  I had it for frost protection and since it cuts out
30% sunlight...tried it for the lettuce...it definitely adds some heat but
the shade does work...I have rows out there now in brilliant sun/mid
90's....

Question for the Orchard Gurus....My friend next door has an organic
cherry orchard that's just starting to come in.  The yellow jackets have
moved in with a frenzy and have destroyed 75% of her crop.  She's tried
picking underripe and still the bees had ripped the fruit apart.  There
are still some trees left to ripen.  Is there anything she can do?