[Market-farming] Squash blossoms

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Sun Jul 17 13:55:43 EDT 2005

I also am doing squash blossoms for the first time. Thank you for the info.
Couple of questions:

If I take female blossoms, will the fruit not mature more? Is this what
makes limp ends?

First thing in the morning must be really early (chicken loosing time),
because I have cucumber beetles in the blossoms as soon as they open. I have
been picking at night while they are still shut. Anyone else do that?
Advantages/disadvantages and what does the market expect?

Thank you.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
66 Jabez Allen Road