[Market-farming] Buckwheat re-growth?

Wendy & Randy Gray hoemangray at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 14 15:27:03 EDT 2005

I too have enjoyed this thread. We planted buckwheat last year and unintentionally let it go to seed.  It did help loosen the soil and prevent quite a bit of weed growth and is coming back spottily this year.  When we planted it, we broadcast it and then ran the big lawn roller over it.  Then watered, it did very well.

A new question...has anyone used it over tuplip, allium, or lily beds to control the weeds once you're doing harvesting the flowers?  I have an opportunity now to try that...and would appreciate any further advice!

Wendy
z6ish OR