[Market-farming] Elephant Garlic bulblets?

tonitime at juno.com tonitime at juno.com
Mon Jul 11 12:08:07 EDT 2005

Yet another query to all of you more expert!
All our alliums are harvested and curing......good, but smaller onions
and garlics this year!   The Elephant Garlics had way more bulblets aside
them this time around.  I understand that it takes two year from bulblets
or singles to make a large head for sale.  I am wondering if i might
start the bulblets now and get a run on the season toward the final heads
of garlic or must i start them next Spring and replant in Fall as normal.
 We have hundreds of these, and Elephant Garlic stock is expensive in
quantity.....hoping to use time instead of money for a good harvest in a
couple of years.
Thanks for sharing all your experiences!
Toni in KY