[Market-farming] Farmer's Market question

Robin Follette marketfarmers at thymeforewe.com
Sun Jul 10 10:18:41 EDT 2005

>>The most successful farmers Markets I have seen allow all kinds of vendors
to sell all kinds of food products whether they produce them or not in order
to create a draw, once the crowds show up then they begin to restrict or
"refine" the offerings to better highlight the farms in the area.<<

Farmers markets are called "farmers" markets because farmers belong there.  I do agree that a variety of food products, and other farm-produced items, create a draw.  If I were shopping at farmers market I'd like to be able to pick up my week's worth of fruits, vegetables, bakery goods, preserves and other items.

Wholesale resellers are grocery stores.

Robin Follette
Thyme For Ewe Farm  www.thymeforewe.com
Editor, Farm & Garden  www.farm-garden.com
A Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Living Resource