[Market-farming] Establishing NZ clover

Jennifer Albert jalbert at cybermesa.com
Mon Feb 28 11:19:29 EST 2005

I seeded mine in April last year and could drive my garden tractor on it by
July. I'm in zone 5.

It stands up to frost very well; mine showed some green all winter long.

If you're planting it near row crops, my advice is to keep a strip tilled
between the clover and the row crop to keep the clover out of the beds. I
use a mini-tiller on mine every couple of weeks.

I haven't plowed any under yet, but the strips I seeded between my
strawberry rows will go into new strawberries this summer, so I plan to
plow it under in March.

Jenny in Northern New Mexico