[Market-farming] path cover/green manure

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Sun Feb 27 15:01:09 EST 2005

Regards to the list:

Last summer our garden was a bottomless sea of black mud much of the
season.  I am thinking this year, we'll only till where we will plant
and sow something in the paths not only to help navigate the gardens,
but to enrich the soil when we plow it under in two or three years.  I
am considering some kind of clover and alfalfa mix, but need advice
here.  I could mow now and then if needed.  I would welcome any
discussion on what would be best to use for the paths.  TIA

Marie in Missouri (north-central)