[Market-farming] "Cheddar Cauliflower

Marlin Burkholder glenecofarm at planetcomm.net
Wed Feb 23 19:35:00 EST 2005

"I just got my seed for that orange cauliflower that was such a big thing
last year.  Has anyone on the list grown this yet?  And if so, what did you
think about it?"

I planted a sample packet from Johnneys SS last year called "Citrus".  They
call it "Cheddar" now but it is the same thing.  It was fabulous!  The heads
sized up nicely and uniformly and were dense and heavy.  Priced at $1.60/lb
(I probably could charge more) some heads brought more than $3.00 each.
They were some kind of beautiful piled on the farmer's market table beside
my brocolli and people really went for them.  I made good and sure that I
would buy a larger quantity of this seed for the 2005 growing season.

Marlin Burkholder
Glen Eco Farm
Virginia