[Market-farming] the best bed shaper

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Wed Feb 23 18:07:39 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:15:44PM -0500, robert schuler wrote:
> I see you have the same disc harrow I have even the same railroad beam
> drag, heck you even have the same bent 3pt A frame. I straightened the a
> frame and welded angle to it so now it stays straight, you might want to
> try that. I also bolted tractor front end weights to the frame for better
> penetration.

That's a "Dale Philips" brand.  They make almost good stuff.  The four
"bumpers" (the cast pieces on the not-nut ends of the the shafts) all
broke within the first fifty hours of operation.  I also have a Dale
Philips 10' shredder that had drive shafts that wouldn't handle the
needed power.

I think the twisted A frame came from loosing a bolt which probably
broke because of the weight of the rail dangling while in transit.

> You are using what folks call pre-bed bedding discs, usually farmers
> follow up with a press pan to finish up the job.. Bob.

My education on real truck farming equipment is sadly lacking.  Please
help.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Linux system uptime  241 days  6 hours 03 minutes