[Market-farming] Summer production of cool season vegetables

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Tue Feb 22 20:29:59 EST 2005

Contact your state agricultural weather service. Your state IPM program needs
daily localized GDD to predict insect hatches and flights. If you sign up for
your state IPM program you should get weekly reports including degree day
accumulations. Knowing your local GDD is as important a knowing your blood
pressure. One thing I learned from my local GDD is that I live in the second
hottest spot in my state... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.