[Market-farming] the best bed shaper

JOHN A HENDRICKSON jhendric at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:27:28 EST 2005

Funny, I was just looking at and admiring the Lesche on the Market Farm
Implement site a few days ago.  My question about bed shapers is: how
important are they on a market farm?  In other words, on a smallish
market farm with limited capital to invest in implements, is a bed
shaper a low-, mid-, or high priority?  Do they bring significant
advantages that can help a farmer be more efficient in growing crops?  I
currently do spend a decent amount of time making 4' by 100' beds by
hand (after rototilling) and will need another system as I increase in
scale.  I'd like to hear more from folks who use bed shapers about their
utility and benefits.  Thanks.

-John