[Market-farming] bed shapers

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Mon Feb 21 21:50:31 EST 2005

>I put buster plows on 1"x3" shanks.  When it's time to build beds, I take
>another buster plow, turn it upside down, and set it on top of each of the
>busters that are already mounted on the shanks.  No bolting necessary,
>they'll stay in place.  These additional upside down busters insure that the
>maximum amount of dirt is thrown onto the bed.  When It's time to plant, I
>have busters mounted in front of the opening plow.  I set them level and a
>little higher than the seed tube opening.  This levels the beds, scrapes off
>the dry layer of dirt, and makes a nice surface for the opening plow to go
>through and drop the seeds, all at the same time.  If I need to replant, I
>often take the busters off and just use the opening plow by its self.  If I
>need to scrap off more dry dirt, then I leave the busters on.

Mark, What your post did was help me realize just
how much more I have to learn about cultivation
implements! What are these 'buster plows'? It
doesn't seem that they are what I'm GOOGLING as
'buster plows' and require a 4-pt hitch. What are
they? What do they cost? Where do you get them?
Thanks -Ållan