[Market-farming] bed shapers

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Mon Feb 21 20:37:01 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 07:39:37PM -0500, David Inglis wrote:
> I have seen a roller that worked very well that was made from a piece of
> heavy pipe of 12" to 15" diameter and the width of the bed top. On each
> end of the pipe there was a disc [as in disc harrow] with the concave
> part pointed towards the center of the bed. Each disc was some 8"

GREAT idea!  Thanks.  I hadn't thought of using discs for the ends; I
have plenty of broken, worn out ones laying around.  If I don't find
an off-the-shelf solution, I'll do something like that.  I don't think
I'll try to drag it behind a plow; I wouldn't be able to pick it up or
adjust the height very well.

I get some very nice field hoes that are made from discs.  Somebody in
Kansas or Nebraska makes them.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Linux system uptime  239 days  8 hours 35 minutes