[Market-farming] Effective microorganisms, wheelbarrows for women

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sun Feb 20 23:29:59 EST 2005

Before you get too far into the "Orientalism" of
the  IMO thing, it might be good to know that Bob
Cannard - - of Odwalla and Chez Panisse fame - -
innoculates his fields with an anaerobic ferment
that's simply made from a handful of 'the best
soil on the property' mixed in 5 gallon buckets
with water and molasses. Apply after a head
develops. Apply frequently, perhaps with every
watering.

I think Bob is acknowledged as the grower of the
best tasting carrots in the world. All of his
other stuff is awesome as well. There's no limit
to the craftsmanship that he brings to his crops,
but rock dust (SUMMA) and frequent anaerobic
inoculations are part of it.