[Market-farming] Re: Garlic question-planting times/harvest times

tonitime at juno.com tonitime at juno.com
Sun Feb 20 20:13:37 EST 2005

Hi there!
    I got some 24 types of garlic in on schedule during fall.......but
found another 5 types that didn't get in ground.  After researching among
allium growing friends, i found that i could plant them now ( we are in
zone 6a, for what it's worth) and expect a harvest about a month later
than the autumn planted cloves.  They may or may not be smaller bulbs,
says they! So, yesterday, those went either into the ground or in pots
awaiting the decision on where the heck to plant even more!!
Toni
KY