[Market-farming] RE: Garlic question-planting times/harvest times

Alliums garlicgrower at green-logic.com
Sun Feb 20 14:43:40 EST 2005

Hi, Folks!

MeLani wrote:

<I wanted to purchase some (now) to
plant now and wondered what type would be best for that.>

I can't imagine what would be available now and the quality of what little
seed garlic would be available.  Heck, I'm out of sellable seed stock in
September!

Be careful if you do plant a softneck -- they do seem to need more water
than the hardnecks AND you'd be dealing with a plant that doesn't have the
extensive root system of a fall-planted garlic.

Good luck!

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of