[Market-farming] Garlic question-planting times/harvest times

mmaysen mmaysen at alltel.net
Sun Feb 20 13:04:59 EST 2005

In previous years I have grown hard neck garlics; planted in late Nov
and harvested in late May to early June.  They were wonderful!

This past fall, I was unable to plant any and am now disgusted with the
quality of grocery store garlic.  What can I grow if I want to plant
some now and when would it be ready to harvest???  Someone told me that
I would have to grow a soft neck at this time of year and it should be
ready at the end of summer.  Is this true?

I'm in SW Missouri, high of 68 degrees today.. we have fairly hot and
humid summers

Thank you,
MeLani