[Market-farming] Re: critters/traps

Margaret L Wilson booldawgs at cavenet.com
Sat Feb 19 15:08:13 EST 2005

Interesting bait, I will have to try it.  My choice of bait is sardines, the cheapest, smelliest ones that you can find.  I do relocate foxes but not raccoons or possums.  Foxes are native here, they are not.  Actually my first choice with foxes is a warning shot right over the head.  I want them to stay out in the pasture and woods and away from my chickens, ducks and geese.

Raccoons are absolutely vicious when cornered.  They have an amazing set of claws on all four feet.  They can roll over and disembowel a dog in a few seconds.  I have sheep so I am wanting to get a pair of LGDs, like Great Pyrenees or Anatolian Shepherds.  They will take care of all of your critter problems as I understand it.  I have mountain lions too.
Coyotes are shot on sight with a .223 ranch rifle.  They are way over populated in most areas.  Their food of choice is lamb but cats and small dogs are a close second.

Margaret
comfort the disturbed,,, disturb the comfortable