[Market-farming] unwanted critters

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Sat Feb 19 09:27:18 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:24:46 -0500, you wrote:

>Pardon my dumbness but, why would racoons kill cats?  I know the cats do not
>like them, last night when I went in the shed, all the cats were 'up on
>something' and then I saw the racoon.  Managed to scare it out by banging on
>the side of the building where he was.

They would certainly kill cats in a fight.  I saw one of my
cats charge up to and attack a raccoon on our property -
that particular cat would defend 'his territory' from any
invader: cat, dog, raccoon.

They got in a big fight and maybe our cat would have been
killed except that I went running out yelling and scared the
raccoon away.  The cat was badly bitten though and developed
an abscess and it cost over $100 in vet bills (and this was
a long time ago, it would cost more now).

The cat recovered, and lived happily thereafter.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.