[Market-farming] Cutting celery

Adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Fri Feb 18 17:01:08 EST 2005

Cutting celery and lovage are almost indistinguishable when the lovage plant
is young.  And the flavor is very similar.  I understand that lovage plants
can grow to 6' tall while cutting celery stays short.  My one lovage plant
in the greenhouse is only about 18" tall at the moment.

Oriental seed suppliers have whiote, golden and two different green versions
of it.  If you have an Asian or Phillipini clientele there is a market for
it, but it is sold for pennies at the Asian markets.  check it out at
http://evergreenseeds.com/orcelchincel.html