[Market-farming] strawberry flavor

Wiediger, Alison awiediger at HART.k12.ky.us
Tue Feb 15 09:55:12 EST 2005

And, I propose, soils are a large component.  The minerals in the soils can
make a difference in other foods, why not strawberries.  I know that
Kennebec, one of our favorite potatoes, tastes totally different when grown
at my parents' place.  We have a loamy soil, they have a heavy red clay
(only 20 miles away).  We much prefer the potatoes grown in our soil (and
they most likely prefer theirs!)

Alison