[Market-farming] Strawberry varieties

Graeme Gerrard ggerrard at resonant.com.au
Tue Feb 15 06:44:52 EST 2005

Camarosa is a variety that is sweet and has good flavour when fully
ripe.  But talk about BIG - 2 /1/2 to 3 inches long! Here strawberries
are commonly sold in small, 250g punnets - (clam shells?)  You couldn't
fit 2 Camarosas in a small punnet like that.  Not all were so big, but
they would be the biggest strawberry I've seen.
Graeme