[Market-farming] strawberry flavor

Graeme Gerrard ggerrard at resonant.com.au
Tue Feb 15 06:37:01 EST 2005

Well, isn't the world complex.  Sweet Charlies grown north of here have
a really reputation as being great tasting fruit.  We were very keen to
grow them.  The runners were hard to get too.  It was one of the
varieties we dug out after the season because they just didn't taste
any good!
I guess it is a case of horses for courses.  Someone once said that a
variety that did well at one farm wouldn't necessarily be the same on a
farm only 2 kms away.
Graeme