[Market-farming] re: calendar

Robert Farr - The Chile Man rbfarr at erols.com
Mon Feb 14 11:47:35 EST 2005

I say, "hear, hear!" for farmers, in any region, remaining dressed.

As I learned in the computer industry (while viewing pictures of a sales
club trip to the beach) - some people simply look better with their
clothes on!

Farmers of the world unite -

R.

mtlivestock wrote:

>different
>farms and posed the "nudies!"  I'm sorry to say I have no idea who printed
>them for us.  I do know that they sold for $10 each and they were in black
>and
>white.  The market did a partnership with our local college radio station.
>Our
>annual meeting is next week and I'll be more than happy to ask some
>questions
>for you.<<<<<
>
>Karin,
>Please post your information on this list.  I think this *without the
>nudies* would make a great fund raiser for many groups.  Something like
>"Meet Your Local Farmers" with new farmers in it each year with a list of
>all farmers in the group in back. Something like a chart in back with
>locations, dates of operation, products offered, etc.
>
>Maybe a national organization like Heifer Project International  or ATTRA
>could pick in up to help many of us small farm groups get it going with
>organizational or advertising funds.
>
>I specifically want to know what profit margin your group was seeking and if
>they met that goal; initial investment; summary of advantages/disadvantages.
>Did it help raise awareness enough to increase buying and/or new customers
>at your market?  I am curious if the emphasis was on increasing consumer
>spending on local farm products or just raising funds for the market.
>
>Just the highlights please.  I don't want to waste your time in writing a
>detailed report for us.  :-) <g>
>
>**PS:  I am not a prude (probably would be the first to volunteer), but the
>farmers in any calendar around here would need to be dressed.  I am thinking
>of a handout booklet a state-wide group gives out that has farmer profiles
>and a few recipes in it.  I think a calendar would not only generate more
>interest, but it could be sold for added funds!

Robert Farr - The Chile Man
All-Natural Sauces, Salsas, Pesto, & More!
http://www.thechileman.com
(540) 668-7160 (local No. VA)
(877) 668-7160 (toll-free)