[Market-farming] re: calendar

mtlivestock crublee at libby.org
Mon Feb 14 11:36:20 EST 2005

different
farms and posed the "nudies!"  I'm sorry to say I have no idea who printed
them for us.  I do know that they sold for $10 each and they were in black
and
white.  The market did a partnership with our local college radio station.
Our
annual meeting is next week and I'll be more than happy to ask some
questions
for you.<<<<<

Karin,
Please post your information on this list.  I think this *without the
nudies* would make a great fund raiser for many groups.  Something like
"Meet Your Local Farmers" with new farmers in it each year with a list of
all farmers in the group in back. Something like a chart in back with
locations, dates of operation, products offered, etc.

Maybe a national organization like Heifer Project International  or ATTRA
could pick in up to help many of us small farm groups get it going with
organizational or advertising funds.

I specifically want to know what profit margin your group was seeking and if
they met that goal; initial investment; summary of advantages/disadvantages.
Did it help raise awareness enough to increase buying and/or new customers
at your market?  I am curious if the emphasis was on increasing consumer
spending on local farm products or just raising funds for the market.

Just the highlights please.  I don't want to waste your time in writing a
detailed report for us.  :-) <g>

**PS:  I am not a prude (probably would be the first to volunteer), but the
farmers in any calendar around here would need to be dressed.  I am thinking
of a handout booklet a state-wide group gives out that has farmer profiles
and a few recipes in it.  I think a calendar would not only generate more
interest, but it could be sold for added funds!