[Market-farming] Self Cleaning Irrigation Water Filters

Robert Farr - The Chile Man rbfarr at erols.com
Mon Feb 14 08:28:50 EST 2005

There's a fellow farmer in Loudoun County, VA, where I live, who uses a
filter made for painting.  He filters water from Catoctin Creek, and
says this filter works great -

TxBeeFarmer wrote:

>Hello Allan and All,
>
>I was looking at those "spin filters" too.  There was a big one you could
>put on where you pump out of the pond, and there were some small ones that
>go at the beginning of each drip line.  Glad I found out they don't work for
>silt.  So the sand filter didn't work either?  Or did it just need to be
>bigger?  Anyone have success with another type of filter?  How about disc
>filters?  I was thinking of using one tank as a settling tank.  does your
>silt settle out very well?
>
>Thanks
>(West Texas) Mark

Robert Farr - The Chile Man
All-Natural Sauces, Salsas, Pesto, & More!
http://www.thechileman.com
(540) 668-7160 (local No. VA)
(877) 668-7160 (toll-free)