[Market-farming] Self Cleaning Irrigation Water Filters

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sun Feb 13 09:31:12 EST 2005

Mark -

Last year we used those 'spin' filters that are supposed to be
self-cleaning and self-flushing. We had lots of SILT in our water. I
was fairly dissatisfied with the filtering and, frankly, they often
clogged, which is just no good. I wound up going with a pool sand
filter from Rain-flo. This, sad to say, only solved the problem of
total clogging. I feel that this season I'll be adding the spin
filters to the drip headers to keep the water 'more clear.' This
means cleaning them before each irrigation session. (I'm thinking of
getting a 2nd sand filter, which, I hope and pray, would totally
solve my silt problem.)