[Market-farming] Re:heirloom tomatoes.

Joe Kames farfish at francomm.com
Sat Feb 12 15:42:59 EST 2005

Tom,

We are usually picking heirlooms starting in late July (from greenhouse
started seedlings). This is Zone 5 and the July temp averages between the
mid 80s-high90s F. Around 14 hrs daylight. We have a stream so water is
never a problem. I can't claim to be an expert, someone advised me about
picking heirlooms before they ripen and indeed there was far less cracking.

                                                  Joe