[Market-farming] Note to Phil

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 13:43:05 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/11/05 11:34:29 AM Central Standard Time,
crublee at libby.org writes:

> all the other big markets are fulll

I manage a market that is closed.   When you are out of space and have all
the vendors that the market attendence can handle you tend to try to limit the
amount of produce that is being sold in a particular market.

One of the bigger markets that I would like to get into has a Saturday
Morning traffic of around 10,000 people, they have 235 vendors for this market every
week.  They have no more space for more vendors in this market.  The only way
you get in is when someone quite's , which hasen't happened in a number of
years, so you get on the list every year and work your way through the waiting
list.

The market is managed by a very large management firm from Chicago , Detroit,
and Denver.  I really see no one here really carring, all they are doing is
selling spaces.

Where are you from?