[Market-farming] Marketing

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Fri Feb 11 09:36:33 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 08:58:58AM -0500, Pat Meadows wrote:

> If you want to *become* Madison Avenue, then adopt their
> tactics.  If you don't want to become Madison Avenue, make
> your living (sell your produce in this case) in some other
> manner.  If a tactic is deceptive, for example, you cannot
> use that tactic without becoming a deceiver.

Bravo, Pat!

That's a quandary most of us face; we are torn between being
successful and being honest non-deceivers.  It seems most of us MUST
chose a grey area between being completely honest and being maximally
successful.

I am tempted here to launch into the question of whether organic
growers are "deceivers".  I resist that temptation.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!