[Market-farming] Intentionally crossing tomatoes

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Feb 11 09:03:07 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:30:58 -0500, you wrote:

>I did a search for "Cross Pollination" and got a few hits, one that
>recommends a book by Carol Deppe "Breeding Your Own Vegetable Varieties"

I have this book and it's very useful and very informative.
I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to be
involved in breeding vegetables.

I would also recommend 'Seed to Seed' by Suzanne Ashworth
for anyone intending to do any cross-breeding (or seed
saving).  She goes into detail on the pollination methods of
various vegetables.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.