[Market-farming] Value added products

Old Timin' oldtimin at williams-net.com
Thu Feb 10 20:28:46 EST 2005

As far as the comment on rural farmers markets being a bad choice, I think the one thing left out of the equation is cost of living. I had read a few days ago that comparing sales for a given day between two vendors really tells you nothing, thier costs to produce those sales could be vastly different. I admit rural markets usually wont generate the big bucks that some big city markets will, but the cost of living in a rural area is much lower, and travel expenses and times to large cities from rural areas may not make up the difference in income for many marketers.
Oldtimin