[Market-farming] Value added products

Tradingpost tradingpost at gilanet.com
Thu Feb 10 19:35:42 EST 2005

Thanks. I've noticed it costs no more to grow heirloom and gourmet
varieties of familiar vegetables, and it adds a little extra zing to
customer satisfaction. I think of that as value added. They may not care if
it's Costuluto Genovese instead of Burpee Beefsteak or Heinz, but it tastes
better. Everybody wants food that tastes good. And surprise - most people I
know like to eat ;-)  What I'm lacking so far is good feedback on many
varieties I'm experimenting with.
http://largocreekfarms.com/veggiestogrow.htm . I envy your area for the
growing season and great restaurant fare, a good Italian, Portugese, etc.
cooking area, right?

paul tradingpost at gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net