[Market-farming] Value added products

GreenMrkt at aol.com GreenMrkt at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 18:44:49 EST 2005

Hi Paul,
       Massachusetts is however the market I serve. And so I am learning as
much as I can about my particular markets trends and habits.
       What is obvious is that each market has it's own particulars and
peculiarities, and learning about our individual customer's buying habits is an
essential part of being able to market to them successfully. It's really basic
business to find out what books our customers have read recently, where they
shop for clothing, what they do for a living, what TV shows they watch (or don't
watch).
       Many of the marketing principles I've used were gleaned from one book
or another. We try new things, and hang onto those things that work. For
example, direct marketing is the surest way, for us, to get customers to keep
coming back.   We send postcards out to our mailing list and reap the rewards every
time. Simple inexpensive and highly effective.

       What area are you selling in if you don't mind me asking?
       Blessings,

Karen Wallman
Green Market Farm
710 Daniel Shays Hwy.