[Market-farming] ReLocally grown

David Tannen david at centerville.net
Thu Feb 10 08:53:09 EST 2005

I think this is the chain out of Knoxville, TN.  They are like a small Wild
Oats.  I think their main focus is fresh meat, fish and prepared foods.  I
purchase these items VERY infrequently, so I concentrated on looking at
thier produce.  It was not very impressive.
I contacted the manager to explore selling to them.  They do not purchase
locally!  All produce is trucked in from corporate headquarters.
I asked the cheese shop manager if they carry raw milk cheeses.  She looked
at me as though I was from Mars.  Had never heard of such a thing.
They are good place to stop if you are on the road and looking for a quick
something to eat or an alternative place for lunch.
This fits in with the discussion on marketing.  I think they will help you
for two reasons.  They are not local, you are.  They raise people's interest
in "fresh" which will add to your custormer base.

David
Middle Tennessee