[Market-farming] Value added products

Tradingpost tradingpost at gilanet.com
Wed Feb 9 22:48:04 EST 2005

What Sharpton thinks is "universal to all retail businesses" is simply not
typical of most food shoppers around the country.  Mostly professional
women, 40-65?  Sorry, most food shoppers may be women but the majority
certainly aren't professionals, and most are probably under 40.  Sharpton
may be talking about the Whole Foods Market crowd, but they're a different
crowd from the farmers market crowd.  As long as small growers aim so high
at the upscale market, they'll remain a niche market.

paul tradingpost at gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net