[Market-farming] Canopy

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Wed Feb 9 08:43:31 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 07:02:45AM -0500, Lucy Goodman wrote:

> I really like our EZ-Up. I believe we have an
> ExpressII model which cost around $250 from
> Van Raalt (They are on the web. these prices
> are from about 5 years ago) I have tried the
> cheaper EZ Ups and have watched others
> destroy the cheaper units bought at Sam's
> Club at various markets. The cheaper units
> are not very strong and have a crazy support
> system (and i noticed the Caravan units have
> the same support system as the cheaper EZUps.

I agree that the cheap EZUps are less durable.  The ones with
fiberglass bows and low tops.  However, I believe SAMs has been selling
Express IIs for less than $200.  And, I have not seen any of the poorer
quality ones at SAMs.

Does anyone have a good source for replacement tops?  Especially custom
made ones with graphics on the valances?

My Caravan has a steel frame.  Aluminum is offered, but, since I was
not worried about the weight, I got steel thinking that it would be a
bit more durable.  After less than a year's use, the paint is flaking
off and it is rusting.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!