[Market-farming] don't know beans about beans

Mr Lucky steve at mrlucky.com
Mon Feb 7 17:33:44 EST 2005

I'm full of beans but swamped at the moment. I'll be happy to help once
things slow down, if I can.

Right off the bat, though:

We've had mixed results allowing pole beans to sprawl. how's that for no
help?!!

Can't help with the seed but I'd try one of the dry bean associations and
ask for some contacts. It should be easy for the cranberries and canellini.
Don't know the Dutch bean but you can get big$$$ for tarbais. Currently
about $8-10 a pound (at retail) for imported! I don't care for them but they
are the correct bean for French cassoulet and a hardocre foodie is willing
to pay.

Steve

Rancho Gordo
New World Specialty Food