[Market-farming] kinsey ag

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Mon Feb 7 13:32:35 EST 2005

Well, I hope everyone is in agreement that they want an
Albrecht-style soil test and not something specificially Kinsey. (Did
I miss something?) On the East coast, one would probably want to go
with Logan Labs rather than, what? Perry Labs that Kinsey uses. In
the Mid-Atlantic, Jerry Brunetti is probably the best soils
consultant you can work with (Logan Labs, AFAIK) Brunetti's business
is www.agri-dynamics.com. I don't think soil work is mentioned on the
page but you can contact his office (and him) at
jbrunetti at agri-dynamics.com.

Kinsey is charging $50 for new client's tests right now. Brunetti
charges $60 for the first test, AFAIK. It is often said that the
Albrecht method is not relevant on Eastern soils. I personally do not
agree with this. (And, in fact, am in the process of writing a paper
challenging the SARE studies that created this belief) You should,
however, be forwarned. Big advantage of working with Jerry Brunetti
is that he is better equipped to give interpretation and
recommendations for East coast soils and gardens than is
West-of-the-Mississipi broadacre man Neal Kinsey.

-Allan Balliett
Who knows a thing or two about East coast red clay