[Market-farming] don't know beans about beans

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sun Feb 6 08:44:45 EST 2005

>Do I need to grow only bush varieties for mechanical harvest? will
>pole beans produce if allowed to sprawl and
>will they tangle the harvesting equipment. Any how-to information
>and suggestions for bush type specialty
>varieties and sources for large quantities of seed would be greatly
>appreciated.

Steven - Questions like the ones above are really only meaningful if
you give your location and USDA zone when posting them. I do,
however, think that, in most locations, it is only practical to
mechanically harvest bush beans.

I'm looking for about 300 lbs of large fava beans. Please let me know
if you find a source for them and/or for fava inoculant.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Zone 7, Shepherdstown, WV