[Market-farming] discussing business

JOHN A HENDRICKSON jhendric at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:10:17 EST 2005

Thanks Steven.  You asked about my position in the real world.  In the
real world, I am a part-time (transitioning to full-time) market farmer
in Wisconsin.  I currently grow vegetables on less than an acre and sell
mostly to restaurants.  The reason for my wisc.edu email address is my
yet to be severed umbilical cord to the University of Wisconsin.  I work
part-time at the Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems, a
sustainable agriculture research unit.  In my work there I coordinate
the Wisconsin School for Beginning Market Growers, conduct research,
write publications, and help serve organic and sustainable farmers.  See
www.cias.wisc.edu for more information.